Leverage your social proximity on LinkedIn to reach your targeted buyers.
To get more details on leveraging social proximity, I interviewed Brynne Tillman, the CEO of Social Sales Link, an author, a LinkedIn Sales Trainer, and a LinkedIn Sales Navigator Trainer.
Question: How can you filter and search your connections’ connections to reach your target audience?
Answer: Typically, there are three ways to leverage your network – referrals, introductions, and name-drops.
- Referrals – These come from your clients who know, like, and trust you.
- Introductions – These come from a networking partner in your sphere of influence which has not been a client, but knows your reputation.
- Name Drops – Make sure you have permission to name drop for this method of a warm introduction.
Question: How would you search on LinkedIn?
Answer: Here are the step-by-step instructions I use.
- Pull up someone’s profile
- Click on the search bar at the top left and choose people from the drop-down
- Click on connections and choose 2nd
- Click on locations and choose the location you want
- Click on all filters
- Type in your search string e.g., “sales manager” OR “sales director”
- Click show results
Question: What’s the next step?
Answer: Start a conversation!
- Set up a Zoom call by email or through a LinkedIn message to let them you you would like to have a quick call to run some names by them
- When on the call, ask if they can provide insights on the list you generated from your search
- Based on this conversation, you can ask for a referral, introduction, or permission to name drop
You should be able to fill your calendar with targeted buyers by following these steps to leverage your social proximity with warm introductions. Need some LinkedIn group coaching for prospecting and business development? Click here to read more.
Need to learn more about building your LinkedIn profile? Register with the Chester County Library for Saturday, October 17, 2020, for LinkedIn Part 2 of 3. In this workshop, you will learn how to make the visuals and how your efforts on LinkedIn can connect on other social media platforms.
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit with over 6700 members and alumni providing career education and networking. Lynne also writes for vista.today, montco.today, and delco.today.