Support nonprofits on #GivingTuesday as nonprofits, like the Great Careers Groups& BENG, have been hit during COVID, and your generosity is needed for support.
Email campaigns and social media posts can reach potential donors to highlight the missions of the nonprofits.
Websites, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms can all be used to share stories of impact for #GivingTuesday which is on December 1, 2020.
What is Giving Tuesday? Started in 2012, it’s a global movement for generosity that reminds individuals and organizations to do good and support their communities through giving.
Support nonprofits including our charitable 501(c)3 on #GivingTuesday with a $1 at http://givebutter.com/gcgt2020 or Text GCGT2020 to 202-858-1233
Comment on our LinkedIn post and see what others have to say!
As noted in LinkedIn for Nonprofits, “Members of the Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, potential donors, or friends of the organization can share any of the organization’s post(s) by clicking on the three dots at the top right of the post and then clicking on “copy link to post.” People can add their own commentary and hashtags to that URL.
As the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, there may be some other small nonprofits who may need some ideas for posts and resources, so I am sharing a few ideas below.
- On the homepage of our website, a short video explains how one can shop on smile.amazon.com instead of the regular Amazon to support a 501(c)3 charitable organization on Black Friday or any day. We also request more YouTube subscribers so we can customize our channel.
- On our website, we publish Success Stories. where people share how our organization has impacted them.
- On our LinkedIn company page, you will see a post for Amazon Smile and Black Friday, and one will come for #GivingTuesday. Don’t have a company page? Here are instructions on how to create one.
- On our Instagram, you will see images that will also be used on Twitter and Facebook, and these images were created using Canva for Nonprofits. When you are a small nonprofit of volunteers, you may have to reuse the same images on multiple platforms.
- Create your own branded hashtag for your posts and look up other hashtags applicable to your post’s topic . Our branded hashtag is #greatcareersphl
- Create blogs and check your writing with Grammarly for Nonprofits.
- Verify that the charitable nonprofit is a 501(c)3 on Guidestar. After you are verified, you can register on AmazonSmile, and get discounted software and hardware for TechSoup, and get Google for Nonprofits.
Are you seeking to be on a nonprofit Board of Directors? We have open positions noted on our website homepage, so apply.
Seeking a place to volunteer? We always welcome volunteers and have lots of projects to be done, so apply.
nonprofitS would attest THAT on #givingtuesday or any day, thank you for giving your time, talent, and treasure, or work, wisdom, and wealth, especially in these challenging times.
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, that provides career education and networking. Lynne also writes for vista.today, montco.today, and delco.today.