Knowledge is power. You don’t know what you don’t know, so engage in continuous lifelong learning to improve yourself and your skill sets.
In April 2015, Linkedin purchased a platform called Lynda.com and then subsequently rolled it into what is now called LinkedIn Learning. As of April 2018, there is no additional charge for the learning platform for those who have the following paid accounts: 1) Premier Career, 2) Premier Business, 3) Executive, 4) Sales Navigator Professional, or 5) Recruiter Lite. You will notice the Learning icon in the top right hand part of your profile page and can access it there.
You can learn about software, business, technology, or creative skills to reach your future career goals. When you complete certain courses or any of the over 70 learning paths, LinkedIn will allow you to download the certificates of completion on your profile.
Although there are many many other learning platforms out there, this is a pretty good list (that we have updated since publishing) and it will get you started on the road to self-improvement!
Educational technology and online learning have evolved from the days when I first heard it called “distance learning.”
According to PR Newswire, EdTech was at $85B in 2021, with growth expectations to $230B by 2028.
Colleges and universities offer virtual options, but there are many other 24/7/365 online learning opportunities for children and adults.
The 100 e-learning resources below are focused on adult learning, and you might discover platforms you have never heard of before to feed your inner “lifelong learner.”
- Carnegie Mellon
- Canva Design School
- Class Central
- Facebook Meta Blueprint Courses
- Google Certificates
- Google Digital Garage
- Great Careers Groups
- Hubspot Academy
- Ivy League Courses
- LinkedIn Learning
- LinkedIn Learning Business Topics
- LinkedIn Learnign Creative Topics
- LinkedIn Learning Technology Topics
- LinkedIn Learning Certification Prep and Continuing Education
- LinkedIn Learning with Academic Credit
- PBS Learning with Ken Burns
- Salesforce Trailhead
- SEMRUSH Online Courses on Digital Marketing
- Ted Ed
- The Free Library
- Thought Leadership Branding Club
- Tufts Open Courseware
- WordPress WordCamps
- Yoast SEO Academy
- Subscribe to my newsletter on LinkedIn for bright ideas to manage your career.
- Join as a member at https://greatcareers.org/membership of the #1 business networking association on the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Book of Lists two years in a row!
- Register on the events page for these upcoming online events noted below.
- If you need a resume or LinkedIn profile to get you to your next step, book a call to chat!
Lynne M. Williams is the Executive Director of the Great Careers Groups, a volunteer-run 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides career education and networking connections for 1) job seekers in career transition, including veterans, and 2) employed and self-employed for career management. She is also the President of ChemPharma.net and runs a Clubhouse session every Friday at 11 AM ET in the Thought Leadership Branding Club.
Aside from writing keyword-focused content for ATS resumes and LinkedIn profiles, Lynne is currently writing her doctoral dissertation on LinkedIn for Job Seekers. She is a contributing author on “Applying to Positions” in Find Your Fit: A Practical Guide to Landing the Job You Love along with the late Dick Bolles, the author of What Color is Your Parachute? and is also a speaker on career topics.
Articles are also published on: Great Careers Groups blog, vista.today, montco.today, delco.today, bucksco.today. A list of articles can also be found in a Google doc.