Readers love visuals!
Did you know that you can enhance your LinkedIn profile by adding images, video, documents, weblinks, photos, presentations, PDFs, and other media under the About section as well as under your Work Experience?
You can add these visuals to bring better attention to your post, and can edit or delete as needed. People love to see images that relate to the topic of the post so they can make a connection to what they may read or watch. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.
Not all media types are supported and the maximum size is 300 MB or less with a maximum resolution of 120 megapixels.
Here are the types of media that you can post on LinkedIn
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt/.pps/.pptx/.ppsx/.pot/.potx)
- Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx/.rtf)
- OpenOffice Presentation Document (.odp)
- OpenOffice Documents (.odt)
- Most .txt files
- .gif – this doesn’t support animation, however the first frame will be extracted
Here is full list of the types of media you can upload, per LinkedIn.
Here is non-video media you can add to your LinkedIn Profile
- To the far right of the About section, click on the blue pencil
- Click the appropriate choice of Upload or Link
- Click Upload, choose a file, click Apply and then Save
- For Link – paste or type a link to a file or a video and hit Add and then Apply and then Save
If you want to add media under a Work Experience, you click on the blue pen at the far right of that position and follow the same step-by-step as above.
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit with over 6700 members and alumni providing career education and networking. Lynne also writes for vista.today, montco.today, and delco.today.