It’s National Fun at Work Day today!
It’s National Fun at Work Day on January 27th. If you did not know that, now you do! Have fun at your for-profit, nonprofit, or institution, and on LinkedIn!
You can also have fun on Zoom on National Fun at Work Day if you work remotely.
Check out the upcoming virtual events at the bottom of this article and join in on the learning and networking fun! There are events of interest for nonprofits, self-employed, career transition, and career management.
In his article, he recaps reasons why it matters to have fun at work::
- Increased employee retention
- Improved employee productivity
- Sparks collaboration and creativity
- Decreased employee absenteeism
- Improves company morale
- Develops bonds
- Accelerates learning
- Improves comprehension
- Builds engagement in shared experiences
- Builds teams to reduce the feeling of isolation that may result in mental health issues
Since about a third of our lives are spent at work, adding fun appeals to our social needs as humans.
Since not everyone is back to work in person, here are some ideas for online audience engagement:
- Annotation on Zoom
- Breakout rooms
- Contests or competitions
- Gift Giveaway
- Happy Hours
- Improving Virtual Events
- Names called out live welcoming guests
- Pre Recording vs. Simulated Live
- Prezi Video
- Q & A Live
- Random Picks
- Social Media Contests
- Ten Smart Hacks
- Trivia Night
- Video of a new roll-out or virtual tour of a location
- Wheel of Names
- Zoom Hacks by Bustle
- Zoom Hacks by HuffPost
So get out and play and have fun and celebrate on National Fun at Work Day and beyond! Share your picture(s) and story in a post on LinkedIn and tag your company!
- Subscribe to my newsletter on LinkedIn for bright ideas to manage your career.
- Join as a member at https://greatcareers.org/membership of the #1 business networking association on the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Book of Lists three years in a row!
- Register on the events page for these upcoming online events.
- If you need a resume or LinkedIn profile to get you to your next step, book a call to chat!
- Follow #GreatCareersPHL
Lynne M. Williams is the Executive Director of the Great Careers Groups, a volunteer-run 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides career education and networking connections for 1) job seekers in career transition, including veterans, and 2) employed and self-employed for career management. She is also the President of ChemPharma.net and is on the leadership team of the Thought Leadership Branding Club.
Aside from writing keyword-focused content for ATS resumes and LinkedIn profiles, Lynne is currently writing her doctoral dissertation on LinkedIn for Job Seekers. She is a contributing author on “Applying to Positions” in Find Your Fit: A Practical Guide to Landing the Job You Love, along with the late Dick Bolles, the author of What Color is Your Parachute?, and is also a speaker on career topics.
- Fri Jan 27 – Great Careers Groups Interview with Integrate for Good Facebook Live
- Mon Jan 30 – Career Success Group Job Seeker Accountability & Networking
- Mon Jan 30 – Princeton Community Works Nonprofit Conference Day 1
- Tues Jan 31 – Annual Reviews as Career Catapults
- Tues Jan 31 – Princeton Community Works Nonprofit Conference Day 2
- Tues Jan 31 – Resources & Winning Strategies to Catapult Your Nonprofit Job Search
- Wed Feb 1 – Princeton Community Works Nonprofit Conference Day 3
- Wed Feb 1 – PowerThinking: Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Weekly Resilience Building Call-In
- Wed Feb 1 – Princeton Community Works 3-Day Nonprofit Conference
- Thurs Feb 2 – LGBTQ+ OUTstanding Careers Group™
- Thurs Feb 2 – Create Graphics for Social Media Using Canva, and More! Part 1 of 2
- Fri Feb 3 – Interview Techniques
- Mon Feb 6 – Career Success Group Job Seeker Accountability & Networking
- Mon Feb 6 – Want Better Outcomes in 2023? Harness the Power of Your Thinking!
- Tues Feb 7 – How to Harness the Power of LinkedIn to Land the Internship of Your Dreams