- This event has passed.
How to Job Search Over 50
September 20 @ 8:55 am - 10:00 am EDT
One-hour career education topic speaker from 8:55 AM to 10 AM followed by speaker Q&A and optional networking every Tuesday to 11 AM. Tuesday speaker meetings are free for members and $5 for non-members.
Members can attend speaker meetings for free for a year and get other benefits https://greatcareersphl.org/membership
Join us if you are looking for a new opportunity, to grow your career, or if you are in a job transition. We engage in networking as well as career education through our excellent speakers.
AGENDA FOR SPEAKER MEETINGS
8:55 – 9:00 AM Attendee Check-in
9:00 – 10:00 AM Guest Speaker Introduction & Presentation
10:00 – 11:00 AM Optional – stay for guest speaker Q&A, networking introductions, announcements, landings, upcoming meetings, etc.
If you are over fifty you no doubt will experience some ageism during your job search. What are some of the things you can do to combat ageism with online learning, technology, research, and enthusiasm. What you say and how you come across will be just as important as the skills you bring to the table. How to decide what is the next step: work part-time, continue to work full-time, start a consulting business, volunteer on a non-profit board.
Amy Geffen, PhD is President and Chief Career Coach of Geffen Careers. She brings to her practice over thirty years of experience in such industries as finance, engineering, higher education, risk management, health, non-profit organizations and associations.
Blended Learning Solutions
Long-term Career Planning
Strategic Career Planning
Subject Matter Expert (Hidden Job Market, LinkedIn Profiles to Get Noticed, Job Search Over 50)
Train the Trainer
– Led weekly groups of 5 job seekers through the five-step job search process
– Presented regularly for SIBL New York Public Library, Savvy Ladies, and FairyGodBoss to groups of 65 to 100
– Career Coach for Columbia Teachers College TC Next, Brooklyn College, BMCC
– Former President and CEO of the New York Society of Security Analysts, the Interim Executive Director of the Financial Women’s Association
– Prior Director of Continuing Education, Strategic Initiatives, and Volunteer Leadership at the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
– Former Assistant Dean of Continuing Education at Westchester Community College, the Dean of Professional Development at The College of Insurance (now St. John’s University), and Director of Corporate Programs at LIU/Brooklyn Center
New York University, Ph.D.
Harvard University, MA
Brooklyn College, BA
Business Network International
Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
NYSAE – New York Society of Association Executives
How to Find Your Dream Job, 2019 Bookboun