- This event has passed.
Ace the Interview
March 7 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EST
One-hour career education topic speaker from 8:55 AM to 10 AM followed by speaker Q&A and optional networking every Tuesday to 11 AM.
Tuesday speaker meetings are free for members and $5 for non-members.
Members can attend speaker meetings for free for a year and get other benefits https://greatcareers.org/membership
Join us if you are looking for a new opportunity, to grow your career, or if you are in a job transition. We engage in networking as well as career education through our excellent speakers.
AGENDA FOR SPEAKER MEETINGS
8:55 – 9:00 AM Attendee Check-in
9:00 – 10:00 AM Guest Speaker Introduction & Presentation
10:00 – 11:00 AM Optional – stay for guest speaker Q&A, networking introductions, announcements, landings, upcoming meetings, etc.
You will no doubt have three or more interviews to get one job offer. What can you expect during the screening interview, the first, second and third interview? Learn the types of questions you can expect: typical, difficult, and behavioral. How to prepare for live and online interviews. Act as a consultant, ask questions, talk about your accomplishments, and how to follow up with each person who has interviewed you.
Amy Geffen, PhD is the President and Chief Career Coach of Geffen Careers. She brings to her practice over thirty years of experience in such industries as finance, engineering, higher education, risk management, health, non-profit organizations, and associations.
Blended Learning Solutions
Long-term Career Planning
Strategic Career Planning
Subject Matter Expert (Hidden Job Market, LinkedIn Profiles to Get Noticed, Job Search Over 50)
Train the Trainer
– Led weekly groups of 5 job seekers through the five-step job search process
– Presented regularly for SIBL New York Public Library, Savvy Ladies, and FairyGodBoss to groups of 65 to 100
– Career Coach for Columbia Teachers College TC Next, Brooklyn College, BMCC
– Former President and CEO of the New York Society of Security Analysts, the Interim Executive Director of the Financial Women’s Association
– Prior Director of Continuing Education, Strategic Initiatives, and Volunteer Leadership at the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
– Former Assistant Dean of Continuing Education at Westchester Community College, the Dean of Professional Development at The College of Insurance (now St. John’s University), and Director of Corporate Programs at LIU/Brooklyn Center
New York University, Ph.D.
Harvard University, MA
Brooklyn College, BA
Business Network International
Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
NYSAE – New York Society of Association Executives
How to Find Your Dream Job, 2019 Bookboun